It’s the Fourth, and I’m excited because my husband Jim is taking a couple of well-deserved days off for the Fourth of July holiday!
Before we take off to spend time with his family, I put together these much more healthy recipes you can use for your family and friends.
I’ve been writing about fat loss desserts… If you missed the one where I give you a “to-die-for” nutella recipe
Click-Here and get this great recipe to take today. <—
So today I thought I depart a bit from desserts and give you these 2 awesome recipes you can whip together today, or any time.
If you take this today, you’ll see that after your cook-out you’ll be able to focus on the fireworks exploding… not your belly. Right?
They taste amazing and do not have the traditional loads of sugar and dangerous additives that the store bought versions do.
Try them and let me know what you think.
Yield: 20 servings, 2 Tbsp. each
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika or chipotle powder
- 1 small onion, minced fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small can (6 oz) Muir Glen Organic Tomato Paste
- 1 cup filtered water
- 3 Tbsp. organic spicy mustard
- 1 Tbsp. organic Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp. Newman’s Own Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. organic molasses
- Organic hot sauce to taste
In a medium saucepan, add the onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
Add the garlic and remaining ingredients.
Simmer 30 minutes, stirring, adding additional hot sauce and spices to taste.
Use this delicious sauce as a marinade, or baste it on pastured chicken or pork as it cooks on the grill. Spoon over slow cooked grass-fed beef brisket or pulled pork. Or get creative and dollop over grass-fed beef hamburgers in crisp lettuce wraps. Round out the meal with a savory cabbage slaw and sweet potato “fries” for a firework-worthy feast your whole family will enjoy!
Did you know that certain veggies like cabbage can help you detox certain chemicals that actually make you hold on to fat?
It’s absolutely true.
- 2 1/2 lb green cabbage, cored and cut into 3-inch chunks, then finely chopped or shredded
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 1/4 cups organic (olive oil only) based mayonnaise
- Optional: For a blast of fiber an nutrition, Try using part of an avocado instead of the entire amount of mayo
- 1/3 cup Apple cider vinegar
- Raw organic honey or liquid stevia to taste.
What To Do
Toss all vegetables in a large bowl with 1 tsp each of salt and pepper to taste. Whisk together mayonnaise, (avocado if using) vinegar, and sweetener, then toss with slaw. Chill, covered, stirring occasionally, at least 1 hour (for vegetables to wilt and flavors to blend).
Make Ahead: Slaw can be chilled up to 1 day.
One sure way to get a lean body is to decide to eat healthier versions of traditionally high sugar, highly processed junk we are used to getting from the store. Above you will find my favorite recipe re-makes that actually taste better than the usual traditional versions.
Have a fantastic Fourth!
Now, go ahead and share these great healthy Lean-Body recipes with all of your Facebook friends. They will love you for it!
Most Popular Articles:
Now it’s your turn to talk back:
Share your favorite recipe.
What tips do you use to stay on your healthy eating plan?
Can you give up stor-bought processed food like cookies, cereal, or other packaged items?